Friday, June 27, 2008

Friendship

Here are various quotations about friendship from various authors including those taken from the bible (I won't mention the authors if you won't mind).

"As gold more splendid from the fire appears, thus friendship brightens by the length of years.

The longer we live, and the more we think, the higher the value we learn to put on the friendship and tenderness .... of friends.

Purchase not friends with gifts; when thou cease to give, such will cease to love.

A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud.

It is a mere and miserable solitude to want true friends without which the world is but a WILDERNESS.

You must act in your friend's interest whether it pleases him or not; the object of love is to serve, not to win.

There is no man so friendless but that he can find a friend sincere enough to tell him disagreeable thoughts.

Friendship with a man is friendship with his virtues, and does not admit assumptions of superiority.

A friend makes your laughter heartier, your cares lesser, and your joy deeper.

With a friend, you do not have to pretend or live in a make-believe world. ALL YOU EVER NEED IS TO BE YOURSELF.

I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for COMPANY.

An honest answer is a sign of true friendship.

O my friend, may it come to pass, once, that when you are my friend I MAY BE YOURS."

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=3b3fc4dd95271810c4d832d15c21edbc